Xavi: "Pep Guardiola can change English football"
"We're already seeing his influence at City, but saying he could do the same with the England team is maybe a bit much," the former Barça star told the BBC.
Former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Xavi Hernández, who now plays for Al Saad in Qatar, believes that Pep Guardiola can cause a revolution in English football and that the former Barça and Bayern manager’s methods are already shining through since he joined Manchester City.
Xavi: Guardiola one of the best in the world
Speaking to the BBC’s World Football program, Xavi described Guardiola as “one of the best coaches in the world.”
“If there is a person who can change English players and the football mentality in England it is Pep Guardiola. Because of his experience, his demanding nature, his obsession and his mentality I think he could do it very well.”
Changing England's style "maybe going a bit too far"
“We may be about to witness a revolution,” Xavi continued. “If you watch City’s games now you can clearly see Pep’s style. And I think he can change the style of English football. To say he could change the national team is maybe going a bit too far but you can already see the differences. He is passionate about football, he has a clearly defined style. He always wants his teams to have possession and to understand the game. And he is someone who is capable of passing his ideas on to his players.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it