Westbrook responds to Durant's sly OKC dig
Russell Westbrook was not impressed with what ex-team mate Kevin Durant had to say about his former club since departing to join the Golden State Warriors.
Oklahoma City Thunder star Russell Westbrook was less than impressed with the verbal jabs ex-team mate Kevin Durant levelled at his former club since departing to join the Golden State Warriors.
Durant left OKC Thunder as a free agent after last season, and this week sung the praises of his new team filled with "selfless players".
“I feel really grateful to play for a team like that and play with a bunch of players who are selfless and enjoy the game in its purest form. They make it about the players, they make it about the environment, so it was really an easy choice”, Durant said.
A reporter couldn't resist relaying those comments to Westbrook to get a reaction on Thursday.
“That's cute, man. That's cute”, Westbrook said. “My job is to worry about what's going on here. We're gonna worry about all the selfish guys we've got over here, apparently. We're gonna figure that out”.
No big deal
But Westbrook insisted he wasn't interested in being drawn into a war of words with Durant. “To me it doesn't matter. My job is to worry about here. Honestly, I'm really tired of talking about it, so any time anybody asks me another question, I'm just not gonna answer. Just for your information, I'm not talking about it no more”.
Durant and Westbrook will meet again on court soon. The Warriors host the Thunder on 3 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?