ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Griezmann: "September was a good month all round"
"Personally, I want to improve my goal tally and assists. Collectively, it's to try to improve on last year, although that won't be easy," the Atlético striker explained.
September samba at the Calderón
Atlético Madrid striker, Antoine Griezmann, recently named LaLiga Santander player of the month for September, said he was "happy" with his start to the season. He also stressed how things have been going well for Simeone's side as they aim to finish the season with silverware at the Calderón.
"I'm happy with the start to the season. To be honest it's been a a great start to the season for both myself and the team. Hopefully I can keep on helping the team and making the Calderón faithful happy," he said.
Goals for the season
Griezmann also discussed his individual and collective goals for the season: "Personally, I want to improve my goal tally and assists. Collectively, it's to try to improve on last year. Although that won't be easy, we have the players to have a great year and hopefully we can finish the season with a trophy," the Atlético striker explained.
The Granada game
Finally, the 'Little Prince' admitted he was highly motivated to compete in LaLiga after the international break: "I'm really up for it. Everyone's back from representing their national sides and we're all together. We've worked hard to prepare for the game and and we know there will be a lot of people watching so we'll be doing everything possible to put in a performance and get three points," he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Liga MX Liga MX will not have relegation in the next five years
- MLS Canelo supports decision of Chicharito and Pizarro coming to the MLS
- TRANSFER NEWS Valencia make loan request for Real Madrid centre-back Javi Sánchez