Spurs' Son makes history as first Asian PL Player of the Month
The Tottenham and South Korea forward has been in blistering form for club and country and picked up September's award for his efforts.
Tottenham Hotspur and South Korea winger Son Heung-min has become the first Asian footballer to be named the English Premier League's player of the month after he won September's edition of the award.
Four Premier League goals
Son scored four goals in the top flight for Spurs last month and played a key role in taking the north London club to within a point of Premier League leaders Manchester City.
He has since scored the winner in Spurs' victory against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League and got on the score sheet again in South Korea's 3-2 win over Qatar.
"I can't believe it, it's unbelievable for me to get the award and it's just an unbelievable feeling," Son told Spurs TV.
"This last September was a great month for me. I'm very thankful to my team-mates, the gaffer [Mauricio Pochettino] and the coaching staff. It's just a great feeling."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return