ATLETICO MADRID 7-1 GRANADA
Carrasco on fire as Atleti humble Granada at the Calderon
The Belgian international bagged a triple as Simeone's men showed no mercy on a Granada team that took the lead at the Calderon.
A perfect evening for Atletico Madrid at the Calderon as Cholo Simeone saw his side put seven past Granada with a vintage performance from Belgian international Yannick Carrasco.
In only the second official game that a Atletico side coached by the Argentine boss has managed to bag seven goals (the previous victims were Getafe in 2013), the difference in class was never in doubt despite Isaac Cuenca putting the visitors ahead in the 17th minute with a contender for Goal of the Season.
Up stepped the 23 year old Belgian, clearly one of the standout talents in the first stage of this 2016/17 LaLiga campaign to readdress the balance with goals in the 30th, 44th and 60th minutes. Carrasco managed a total of four goals during the past league campaign and was on target to score Atleti's goal in the memorable Champions League final in Milan as his side ultimately succumbed to city rivals Real Madrid on a penalty shoot out.
The Belgian has also managed to raise interest from many of European football's deeper pocketed clubs with many would-be suitors from the English Premier League monitoring the player's development this season with added interest.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71