Jesé overlooked for teenager as tough PSG start goes on
Jesé Rodríguez's travails continued on Saturday as young winger Nanitomo Ikone was preferred for the Ligue 1 win over Nancy.
Jesé Rodríguez is falling lower and lower down the Paris Saint-Germain pecking order under Parc des Princes head coach Unai Emery.
Just three league appearances for Real youth product
The former Real Madrid man, a 25-million-euro summer signing, has been involved in just three Ligue 1 games this season - never featuring for more than an hour.
Indeed, there has so far been more talk in France about the 23-year-old Spaniard's off-field lifestyle than his performances on it.
Unused sub behind young gun Ikone
And on Saturday his underwhelming start to life at the Parisian giants continued as he failed to get off the bench against the league's basement boys following his return from a knee injury.
The 2-1 win over Nancy saw Emery prefer winger Nanitomo Ikone, who at 18 had only two brief substitute appearances (one each in Ligue 1 and the Champions League) under his belt.
Augustin, 19, thrown on as Jesé stays on the bench
Jesé also watched on as another youngster, Jean-Kevin Augustin - who starred for PSG's U19s in last term's Youth League but has, like Ikone, seen scant first-team action - was introduced ahead of him in the second half.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams