Kroos, king of the assists across Europe's top leagues
The German midfielder has set up five goals so far this season, with only Ribéry managing the same number.
A justified decision
Toni Kroos's contract renewal at Real Madrid, which takes the Germany international up to 2022 with the European champions, speaks of the high esteem with which he is held at the Spanish club. The midfielder is now a key part of Zidane's team, and currently heads the table for the highest number of assists across Europe's top five leagues, managing five in Real Madrid's eight games this season.
In the third game of the season, Kroos provided two assists in Real Madrid's 5-2 win over Osasuna, the first to set up Sergio Ramos to make it 3-0 and the second for Pepe to put Los Blancos 4-0 up. On Matchday 4, the Germany international passed to James before the Colombian opened the scoring against Espanyol in Barcelona (Madrid came away 2-0 winners).
King of the assists
On Saturday, Kroos provided further proof of his importance to Zidane's midfield with two fresh assists in Real's 6-1 thumping of Betis. Kroos set up Varane to open the scoring and also assisted Benzema as the Frenchman made it 2-0, putting the former Bayern player neck and neck with Franck Ribéry as the king of assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Bundesliga Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich Preview
- Coronavirus: football Lyon president pleads for Ligue 1 2019/2020 season to resume
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: what's the latest news on the HEROES payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: is White House moving for it to arrive soon?