Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Liverpool: most shirts sold
Four European clubs sell more than a million of their shirts each year with Spain's big two among them. The Premier League has six clubs in the top 20, more than any otheChampions League draw 2018
A devilishly good shirt-selling machine
When it comes to selling football shirts, Manchester United sit top of the European league. The Old Trafford club, who visit Anfield tonight to face their historical rivals Liverpool, have proven themselves once again as a marketing machine.
The Red Devils sell 1.75 million Adidas garments each year, according to a study undertaken by PR Marketing who have looked at shirt sales between seasons 2011-2012 and 2015-2016. The only other club that gets close to the English side managed by José Mourinho - and who brought in big names like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba this summer - is Spanish giants Real Madrid who are selling just 100,000 items less each year (1.65M) . Completing the top three is current LaLiga champions Barcelona, although with 1,278,000 sales they are somewhat distant.
The best of the rest
Germany juggernaut Bayern Munich sit in fourth place and fellow Bundesliga side Dortmund join them by just sneaking into the top 10. Between them lie three English sides - Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal - and the current powerhouses from France and Italy, PSG and Juventus respectively.
Atlético Madrid complete the list of the top 20 and incredibly, considering recent success, their 173,000 shirt sales is around a tenth of that of Manchester United and neighbours Madrid.
The top 20 clubs by shirt sales
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin