Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has talked of his admiration for legendary ex-Blaugrana player and coach Pep Guardiola, whose Manchester City side visit the Camp Nou this week.
Rakitic: I asked for Pep's number when I signed
In an interview with The Times' Henry Winter, the Croatia international admitted that the task of choosing a shirt number was a straightforward one when he joined the Catalans from Sevilla in summer 2014.
"I was not at Barça with him but when I came I asked for the number 4 because it was his number. It was really special for me," he said of the former midfield general ahead of Wednesday's Champions League clash.
"I always feel Iniesta is dancing on the pitch"
Rakitic also spoke glowingly of Barça colleague Andrés Iniesta, telling Winter: "I always feel Iniesta is dancing on the pitch. It’s like when you hear classical music. Every step, he’s dancing with the ball."
"Neymar on way to being best"
"They’re really hungry, wanting to score all the time," he said of the trio, known as the 'MSN'. "Leo won everything but wants it again. If we speak about the best, it is Leo Messi. Neymar is on the way to being the next best."
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD CUP 2022 Fourth World Cup stadium ready for inauguration on 18 December
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Jota makes Liverpool history, Arsenal draw another blank
- premier league Klopp cheers Firmino display as Liverpool set new club record
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: why are Trump’s legal challenges continuing despite Georgia being certified for Biden?