Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has talked of his admiration for legendary ex-Blaugrana player and coach Pep Guardiola, whose Manchester City side visit the Camp Nou this week.
Rakitic: I asked for Pep's number when I signed
In an interview with The Times' Henry Winter, the Croatia international admitted that the task of choosing a shirt number was a straightforward one when he joined the Catalans from Sevilla in summer 2014.
"I was not at Barça with him but when I came I asked for the number 4 because it was his number. It was really special for me," he said of the former midfield general ahead of Wednesday's Champions League clash.
"I always feel Iniesta is dancing on the pitch"
Rakitic also spoke glowingly of Barça colleague Andrés Iniesta, telling Winter: "I always feel Iniesta is dancing on the pitch. It’s like when you hear classical music. Every step, he’s dancing with the ball."
"Neymar on way to being best"
"They’re really hungry, wanting to score all the time," he said of the trio, known as the 'MSN'. "Leo won everything but wants it again. If we speak about the best, it is Leo Messi. Neymar is on the way to being the next best."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game