Neymar to sign new contract this week
Neymar will sign his new contract with Barcelona at the club's offices at 15:00 CEST on Friday, the club announced today. Under the new arrangement, Neymar will remain a blaugrana until June 2021.
Buy-out fee boosted
The club had made official the agreement to extend Neymar's contract on 1 July. As part of the deal, Neymar will take home a post-tax salary of 15 million euros during the next five years (32.3 million gross). Barça will also boost the Brazilian's retention fee from 190 million euros to 200 for the first year - a figure will will incease to 222 millionin Neymar's second year and 250 million for the last three years on the contract.
Neymar was delighted with the news, tweeting: “Happy to continue enjoying this dream: Visca el Barça y Visca Catalunya (Long live Barça, long live Catalunya)”.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?