Neymar to sign new contract this week
Neymar will sign his new contract with Barcelona at the club's offices at 15:00 CEST on Friday, the club announced today. Under the new arrangement, Neymar will remain a blaugrana until June 2021.
Buy-out fee boosted
The club had made official the agreement to extend Neymar's contract on 1 July. As part of the deal, Neymar will take home a post-tax salary of 15 million euros during the next five years (32.3 million gross). Barça will also boost the Brazilian's retention fee from 190 million euros to 200 for the first year - a figure will will incease to 222 millionin Neymar's second year and 250 million for the last three years on the contract.
Neymar was delighted with the news, tweeting: “Happy to continue enjoying this dream: Visca el Barça y Visca Catalunya (Long live Barça, long live Catalunya)”.
Te recomendamos en English
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- Former Barcelona and Milan midfielder Halilovic joins Championship side Birmingham City
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Trippier looking solid and settled at Atlético Madrid
- INTER MILAN-REAL MADRID Casemiro back for Inter Milan but Zidane without Benzema
- QATAR 2022 Facts about Al-Bayt stadium, the inaugural venue at Qatar 2022
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Unemployment benefits: why could Biden sacrifice them for a covid-19 stimulus bill?