Neymar to sign new contract this week
Neymar will sign his new contract with Barcelona at the club's offices at 15:00 CEST on Friday, the club announced today. Under the new arrangement, Neymar will remain a blaugrana until June 2021.
Buy-out fee boosted
The club had made official the agreement to extend Neymar's contract on 1 July. As part of the deal, Neymar will take home a post-tax salary of 15 million euros during the next five years (32.3 million gross). Barça will also boost the Brazilian's retention fee from 190 million euros to 200 for the first year - a figure will will incease to 222 millionin Neymar's second year and 250 million for the last three years on the contract.
Neymar was delighted with the news, tweeting: “Happy to continue enjoying this dream: Visca el Barça y Visca Catalunya (Long live Barça, long live Catalunya)”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic makes USMNT Champions League history
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Modric hails Mbappé: Great players are always welcome at Madrid
- NBA Nuggets Murray could miss rest of the season after ACL injury
- NFL Three time Super Bowl champ Edelman retires