Mascherano extends Barça deal
Defender Javier Mascherano was at Barcelona's club offices on Monday to pen a new, improved contract with the Catalan outfit.
Javier Mascherano has signed a contract extension at Barcelona tying him to the club until June 2019, the Spanish champions have announced.
Mascherano, who joined from Liverpool in 2010, put pen to paper on an improved deal at the club offices on Monday, accompanied by Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu, vice-president Jordi Mestre and technical secretary Robert Fernández.
100-million-euro buy-out clause
The 32-year-old Argentina international's renewed terms also see his release clause kept at 100 million euros.
Although well above his real market value, the buy-out figure is a symbolic nod to the professionalism he has shown in his six years at the Camp Nou.
Nearly 300 games for Barcelona
Centre-back Mascherano, who can also operate as a defensive midfielder, has made 290 appearances for Los Azulgranas since his arrival in Barcelona.
The player's medal haul while with the Catalan side includes four LaLiga titles, three Copa del Reys and two Champions Leagues.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals