PSG fans think signing Jesé from Real Madrid was a mistake
Jesé has been criticized for his lifestyle and hasn't played for a month. 75% of L'Equipe readers who voted said his signing was a mistake.
Major doubts over Jesé's signing for PSG
Just over two months have passed since Jesé signed for PSG, with the French club paying Real Madrid 25 million euros for his services. But already in France many are wondering whether PSG made a big mistake in signing the striker.
Jesé hasn't played for a month
Jesé has hit the headlines more for his lifestyle than his football and his last game was more than a month ago, on 16 September (he played 45 minutes in the win over Caen). Since then Emery hasn't given him an opportunity, even giving 18 year old academy player Nanitamo Ekone a chance against Nancy in preference to Jesé.
L'Equipe online poll rejects Jesé
With that as the backdrop, L'Equipe ran an online poll, asking if PSG had made a mistake in signing Jesé. The answer was a resounding oui. With 20,000 votes cast, 75% said that yes, Jesé's signing had been a mistake. Only 19% still hold out hope that the transfer will turn out well, while 6% weren't sure or didn't vote.
Emery backed Jesé signing
PSG coach Emery was one of those who showed most support for the signing of the player, but since the forward arrived at PSG he's only played him for 127 minutes out of a possible 990 (12%). Jesé has only started one of the three games he's been involved in, against Saint-Etienne and that ended in controversy, when he was taken off after 57 minutes he visibly raged on the bench at Emery. (Though the coach played down the incident, saying that the player simply needed time to adapt).
Jesé's arrival was surrounded by expectation in Paris, but so far the PSG fans feel very let down...
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?