Piqué: "My plan to retire from international football still holds"
"It's my decision alone and not inspired by comments on Twitter or headlines in AS or Marca, it's 100% my idea" added the Barça player.
Gerard Piqué spoke ahead of tomorrow's Barcelona vs. Manchester City Champions League game at Camp Nou and the subject of his recent decision to quit the national team after the 2018 World Cup in Russia was touched upon during his time speaking to the media.
Pique added, "I've read that comments on social media and headlines in Madrid based sports papers AS and Marca have contributed to my decision but I can only reiterate that the decision was mine alone. I've spent ten years with the national team and now feel that the time is right to call time on my international career".
Piqué also admitted that he considered leaving the national team after the Brazil World Cup but the arrival of Luis Enrique at the Catalan club helped him in rediscovering his drive to keep playing.
The defender also acknowledged that tomorrow's game at Camp Nou would be a major challenge for Barcelona as City under Pep Guardiola are a different and more dangerous proposition this season.
- Jorginho Frello207Passes
*Update 18 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- MLS Orlando City terminate Jonathan Suárez's contract