Cristiano 2 goals from 100 UCL strikes: Real Madrid round-up
The player from Madeira has bagged 98 goals in the UEFA Champions League to date. A brace against Legia tonight would see him move into three figures.
Cristiano: 98 Champions League goals
The Portuguese striker could make history this evening at the Santiago Bernabeu by becoming the first player to notch 100 goals in Europe's top competition. The Real Madrid No.7 has found the net 98 times in the 136 games he has played in the tournament during his carrear.
A win for the Polish side at the Santiago Bernabeu this evening pays out a very generous 67/1. However with two defeats in their opening Champions League 2016/17 Group F games (1-6 at home to Dortmund and a 2-0 loss away to Sporting) the opens are not inspiring for even the most ambitious betting expert.
Mariano has been left out of tonight's squad by French coach Zinedine Zidane. Despite his promise at Real Madrid Castilla last season the young striker has only played for 13 minutes this season so far, coming on at the end of the Madrid-Celta LaLiga clash at the Bernabeu.
At the time of writing, tickets remain at the Santiago Bernabeu box office for tonight's Champions League game. They are priced from between 40-90 euro.
Coach Zidane will grant his squad a day off tomorrow and the first team are called back at Valdebebas for Thursday morning at 11:00 CET as thoughts turn towards the weekend's game when Athletic Club visit the Bernabeu on Saturday night at 20:45 CET.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?