Asensio: "Zidane just told me to stay calm and be patient"
Zidane told him just to be calm and patient on his Champions League debut: "There are top level players here, a lot of players who have been here for years...".
Capitalizing to the max
Once again Marco Asensio was in scintillating form as he returned to the starting line-up for Real Madrid. The 20-year-old scored on his Champions League debut as Zidane's team bulldozed Legia 5-1 in the capital.
Making the most of valuable playing time: "Yes, I am trying to make the most I can out of the opportunities the coach gives me. And if I can contribute goals, which help the team to win, then even better. I've very happy with the win".
Controlling games: "Tonight we went out with a very attacking team, with both full-backs pushing further upfield, but the team as a whole did a great job and in the end the scoreline is very convincing".
Conceding another goal on the break: "It's the only downside to tonight's game - not keeping a clean sheet, but we will get better at that as we get more games under our belt".
Youth at the fore
Great display from the younger players: "Both myself and the other lads are training hard to try to be handed minutes and we made the most of that today".
Alternating between team and subs' bench: “It's quite a new thing for me to find myself not playing so often. When I was at other teams, I played parctically every match but here the players are top level, footballers who have spent many years here...”.
Patience young man
Pre-match advice from Zidane: “The boss did take me aside for a chat and just told me to relax and stay calm. There are world class people at this club. He told me to be patient, that I didn't have to prove myself in every move”.
Fans chanting your name: “I'm very happy, and very grateful to the fans - I hope we can achieve a lot of great things together”.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live