Expat vote: 66% of Barça fans abroad would like to see Guardiola return
A poll conducted by Forza Football received 20,000 votes. 48% of Barcelona fans living abroad would like to see Pep back as coach, and 18% as club President.
Pep gets the expat vote
While Pep Guardiola's return to Camp Nou this evening with Manchester City continues to cause friction within some sections of the Catalan club, on the whole, the coach is generally still highly-revered and accepted by barcelonismo.
Two thirds would take Pep back
So much so, that two thirds of Barcelona fans living abroad would like to see him back with the Blaugranas. Out of that 66%, 48% wouldn't be opposed to see Guardiola back in charge as coach, while 18 per cent would be in favour of him taking the reins as club president. Yet 34% feel that there is no need for Pep to return as his job at the club has already been done.
The figures come from a survey conducted by live scores and video highlights service Forza Football, who cover more than 420 domestic league and Cup competitions around the world and is especially popular the USA, the Pacific region and Scandinavia. One of Forza Football's objectives is to democratize the world of football by giving relevance to the voice of the fans - the barcelonistas who live abroad have had their say, and although some votes did come from Spain, it's quite clear that, wherever he may be, Guardiola continues to be a reference.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022