Gladbach toast Glasgow pub joke with Twitter name change
A bar in the Scottish city gave up on trying to spell the Bundesliga side's name, which was taken in good humour by Gladbach's social media.
Borussia Mönchengladbach took a Glasgow pub’s efforts to spell the Bundesliga side’s name in good humour ahead of the Champions League match against Celtic on Wednesday night, changing their official Twitter account header to “A German Team.”
Mon... Monc... Mcunch...
The watering hole in the Scottish city advertised the match on a notice board outside, which featured several failed attempts to write the name of the German club correctly. At the bottom the scuppered scribe simply wrote A German Team and left it at that.
Mönchengladbach posted a picture of the failed effort on their Twitter account and changed their name to the new moniker.
Hopefully, Mönchengladbach will organise a pre-season friendly against Airdrieonians or Highland League side Clachnacuddin to give a few Bräuhaus the chance to reciprocate.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby