Hat-trick hero Messi breaks yet another record
The Argentine's three-goal haul in Barcelona's convincing 4-0 win over Manchester City broke a record held by Real Madrid legend Raúl.
Messi breaks yet another record
Leo Messi’s impressive hat-trick against Manchester City on Wednesday didn’t just cement Barcelona’s status as undisputed top dog in Group C. It also put him in the history books with yet another all-time record.
Messi’s third was his 50th home goal in the Champions League, a mark that sets a new record in the competition’s history. The previous record-holder was Real Madrid legend Raúl Gonzalez, who scored 49 in his time at the Santiago Bernabéu and in Germany with Schalke 04.
Pep Guardiola’s Camp Nou troubles continue
Barcelona comfortably put the visitors to the sword on Pep Guardiola’s return to the Camp Nou, with Messi’s hat-trick and Neymar’s late goal handing Luis Enrique’s side a convincing 4-0 win. The former Barcelona manager has struggled on both his trips back to his former home conceding seven and scoring none in just two games, first with Bayern (3-0) and now with City.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby