Cristiano Ronaldo causes outrage with Buddha statue photo
The Portuguese player posted a photo of himself standing beside the statue of Buddha but he couldn't have imagined the reaction it received on social media.
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has caused a bit of a storm on social media after posting a picture of himself next to a statue of Buddha.
In the photo the player's famous right foot is placed on top of the surrounding small wall of the statue, which is in the form of the head of the father of Buddhism. It is this stance that has caused several of his followers to react.
There are about 300 million Buddhists and although the teachings attributed to Buddha are "in general, a way of finding peace within oneself", some of the respondents to Cristiano's post were far from tranquil as you can see from our very small selection below.
Yesterday we told you about Marisa Mendes, the new person in charge of Ronaldo's social media communications. Recently we've seen various interesting posts on the player's accounts including his face mask treatment and a Lamborghini pose.
What will be the next "Bom dia" in store for us?
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane