"My best goals came against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu"
Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez picked up his second Golden Shoe award at an event held in the Catalan capital this morning.
Luis Suárez, once again has secured the award as European top scorer (40 goals and 80 points) in an event organised by the ESM (European Sports Media, a European association of football related publications).
The Barcelona striker cited his goals in the 0-4 win over Real Madrid last season at the Bernabéu claiming, “During my career I've scored some great goals but if I had to pick out some standouts then it would have to be the two I scored for Barça against Madrid at the Bernabéu and the goal against Atlético that kept us on track for the title last season”.
Suárez picked up the award as top European marksman in the company of his children Delfina and Benjamín and was visibly emotional during the ceremony.
The excellent relationship with his striking partners, Leo Messi and Neymar at Barcelona is, claims Suarez the key to his striking success. “So much of it is down to the help that Leo and Ney provide but the help of other players such as Jordi Alba or our goalkeeper is vital as the key to our success is playing the ball out well from the back”
Suárez also found time to say a few words of encouragement for Paco Alcácer who has yet to find his feet at the Catalan club. “Paco shouldn't worry as his time will come. He'll be on target soon as he has shown the coach his worth and am convinced that the goals will come soon”, he observed.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim