Barcelona full-back Jordi Alba is set to miss up to two weeks of action after limping off during Barcelona’s 4-0 Champions League win over Manchester City on Wednesday night.
Alba out for two weeks with hamstring injury
Tests were conducted by medical staff this morning and the club has now confirmed that Alba is likely to be out for “approximately two weeks” after having “strained the hamstring in his left leg.”
Alba will miss Barcelona’s next two LaLiga games, the first against Valencia on October 20th and the second against Granada at the Camp Nou on October 29th.
Like his fellow defender Gerard Piqué, who was also substituted in the first half after injuring his ankle, Alba will miss the Catalan Super Cup final against Espanyol on October 26th and Barcelona’s trip to face Manchester City at the Etihad in the Champions League on November 1st.
Barcelona immediate fixture list
|Saturday||October 22||16:15||Valencia - Barcelona||Liga|
|Wednesday||October 26||TBC||Barcelona - Espanyol||Catalan Super Cup|
|Saturday||October 29||20:45||Barcelona - Granada||Liga|
|Tuesday||November 1||20:45||Manchester City - Barcelona||Champions League|
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return