Barcelona full-back Jordi Alba is set to miss up to two weeks of action after limping off during Barcelona’s 4-0 Champions League win over Manchester City on Wednesday night.
Alba out for two weeks with hamstring injury
Tests were conducted by medical staff this morning and the club has now confirmed that Alba is likely to be out for “approximately two weeks” after having “strained the hamstring in his left leg.”
Alba will miss Barcelona’s next two LaLiga games, the first against Valencia on October 20th and the second against Granada at the Camp Nou on October 29th.
Like his fellow defender Gerard Piqué, who was also substituted in the first half after injuring his ankle, Alba will miss the Catalan Super Cup final against Espanyol on October 26th and Barcelona’s trip to face Manchester City at the Etihad in the Champions League on November 1st.
Barcelona immediate fixture list
|Saturday||October 22||16:15||Valencia - Barcelona||Liga|
|Wednesday||October 26||TBC||Barcelona - Espanyol||Catalan Super Cup|
|Saturday||October 29||20:45||Barcelona - Granada||Liga|
|Tuesday||November 1||20:45||Manchester City - Barcelona||Champions League|
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times