Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp is keen to bolster his forward line as he bids to transform his side into genuine title contenders and has, according to reports in the UK, set his sights on Athletic Bilbao’s young winger Iñaki Williams.
Iñaki Williams linked with a move to Anfield
Klopp has supposedly targeted the 22 year-old with the ambition of developing the ‘new Aubameyang’ and mirroring the success he had with the Gabonese striker during his time at Dortmund.
Liverpool have followed Williams for a number of years now and were heavily linked with a move last year before he signed a new contract at San Mamés with a €50 million buy-out clause in January. Now Klopp is back in another attempt to lure him to Anfield.
A commitment to young players
The German coach has, little by little, put his stamp on the club since arriving at the start of last season, opting to focus his team around relatively young players such as Saido Mane, Philippe Coutinho and Joel Matip. That same approach worked wonders at Dortmund – with talents such as Lewandowski, Götze, Reus, Mkhitaryan and Hummels – and turned the club into a true force both in Germany and across Europe. Could Williams be next in line to join the Klopp revolution?
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"