Carrasco agrees new Atlético Madrid contract
Yannick Carrasco has renewed his deal at the Vicente Calderón, with Los Rojiblancos increasing his salary and his buy-out clause.
Atlético Madrid have announced that Belgium international Yannick Carrasco has extended his contract at the Vicente Calderón until 30 June 2022.
The 23-year-old has impressed since joining Los Rojiblancos in summer 2015 and has made a sparkling start to his second season in Madrid, scoring five in 11 games.
Carrasco wages and buy-out clause raised
And with Carrasco attracting interest from a number of clubs, Atlético have moved to tie down the winger, handing him an increased pay packet and upping his release clause from 40 million to 100 million euros.
"I'm really happy to be able to stay at Atlético Madrid for many years to come," Carrasco, who has picked up 13 Belgian caps, told the LaLiga side's official website.
The former Monaco player, whose previous Atleti deal ran until 2020, has made 54 appearances for Diego Simeone's team, netting a total of 10 goals.
"Great news" - Caminero
"It's great news for everyone connected to the club," declared sporting director José Luis Pérez Caminero.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente