Ex-Real canterano tearing up the Eredivisie with Willem II
Former Real Madrid Castilla player Fran Sol is starring for Willem II in the Dutch top flight, with five goals in nine games to date.
Fran Sol, a former Real Madrid Castilla player, is currently setting the Eredivisie alight with five goals in nine games for Willem II, despite the side sitting just one point outside the relegation zone. Sol’s five strikes represent 71.4 percent of the team’s entire goal tally so far this season.
"My dream is to play in the Premier League"
Last weekend Sol bagged a brace in Willem II’s 2-2 draw away at Sparta Rotterdam, earning the 24-year-old a place in the Eredivisie team of the week. “On the personal level I’m happy with the way things are going, although we haven’t had any luck as a team. I was convinced that I stand out in a big league. That’s why I decided to come to Holland even though I had offers from Segunda División sides. My dream is to play in the Premier League and I had to take this step to achieve that,” Sol told AS.
Real Madrid loans
The striker arrived at Willem II during the summer from Villarreal and previously played for Lugo and Oviedo, on loan from Real Madrid. Last season at Villarreal B he scored 16 goals in Segunda B and made his first team debut against Real Sociedad.
Sol is just two goals short of Eredivisie leading scorers Nicolai Jorgensen of Feyenoord and Twente’s Enes Ünal, who have seven apiece. “I don’t understand much of what people say about me but the fans have invented a couple of chants… let’s see if I can carry on like this now that the cold is coming!”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?