2018 WORLD CUP | BRAZIL
Injured Casemiro called up for Brazil's key qualifiers
Also in Tite’s list for 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Peru are Filipe Luis, Liverpool pair Firmino and Coutino and Thiago Silva.
Four LaLiga players have been included in Adenor Leonardo Bacchi 'Tite'’s Brazil squad for next month’s 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Peru.
The CFB announced the 24-man squad on Friday. The surprise inclusion was that of Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro who is out injured with a fractured shin bone. Brazil national team doctor Fábio Mahseredjian, who was in Madrid this week, confirmed that the player will undergo tests on Monday and could be able to return to training on Tuesday at the earliest. Also back in the list is Marcelo who missed this month's qualifying matches through injury.
The surprise omission is Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves who has been in eye-catching form during the past few weeks.
Brazil, who top the South American qualifying section, play host to Argentina in Belo Horizonte on 10 November then travel to Lima to take on Peru five days later
Alisson, Alex Muralha, Weverton
Gil, Marquinhos, Miranda, Rodrigo Caio, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Fagner, Filipe Luis, Marcelo
Casemiro, Fernandinho, Giuliano, Lucas Lima, Paulinho, Philippe Coutinho, Renato Augusto, Willian
Firmino, Douglas Costa, Gabriel Jesus, Neymar
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"