Benatia reveals that Guardiola left Barça with bad relationships
The Bayern defender on loan to Juventus claims that Guardiola once told him that the reason why he now keeps his distance from players is because of bad experiences at Barcelona
Mehdi Benatia, the Bayern Munich defender who is on loan at Juventus this season, has become the latest player to compare the methods of Pep Guardiola to his current coach.
Following the comments of Bayern winger Arjen Robben on Thursday who said that Guardiola “is obsessed with football…with Ancelotti there’s more freedom”, Benatia told Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday that his ex-manager lacked communication.
"Pep doesn't communicate"
When asked about what it was like serving under Juventus coach Allegri as opposed to Guardiola during his time at Munich, Benatia said: “The two like to play, to keep the ball, to be aggressive. From the point of view of their characters, they’re different. Allegri is very close to his players, Guardiola doesn’t communicate.”
The Morrocan centre-back revealed the reason why Guardiola chooses to keep his distance from the players stems from his experience as Barcelona coach.
"He left Barcelona disillusioned"
“He told me once that he left Barcelona disillusioned with the relationship he had with some players, and said: ‘I only do my job, to be coach.’”
A number of players have spoken out in negative terms over their experience working under Guardiola in recent months, with Franck Ribery providing the most cutting comments by saying that the Manchester City boss “lacks experience”.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category