Benatia reveals that Guardiola left Barça with bad relationships
The Bayern defender on loan to Juventus claims that Guardiola once told him that the reason why he now keeps his distance from players is because of bad experiences at Barcelona
Mehdi Benatia, the Bayern Munich defender who is on loan at Juventus this season, has become the latest player to compare the methods of Pep Guardiola to his current coach.
Following the comments of Bayern winger Arjen Robben on Thursday who said that Guardiola “is obsessed with football…with Ancelotti there’s more freedom”, Benatia told Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday that his ex-manager lacked communication.
"Pep doesn't communicate"
When asked about what it was like serving under Juventus coach Allegri as opposed to Guardiola during his time at Munich, Benatia said: “The two like to play, to keep the ball, to be aggressive. From the point of view of their characters, they’re different. Allegri is very close to his players, Guardiola doesn’t communicate.”
The Morrocan centre-back revealed the reason why Guardiola chooses to keep his distance from the players stems from his experience as Barcelona coach.
"He left Barcelona disillusioned"
“He told me once that he left Barcelona disillusioned with the relationship he had with some players, and said: ‘I only do my job, to be coach.’”
A number of players have spoken out in negative terms over their experience working under Guardiola in recent months, with Franck Ribery providing the most cutting comments by saying that the Manchester City boss “lacks experience”.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard future comes down to Zidane plans
- Premier League Premier League: how many and which matches can be watched on the BBC?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League may introduce artificial crowd noise
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: EIP Cards being mistaken for scam, junk mail
- United States Trump on Minneapolis unrest: "when the looting starts the shooting starts"
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd Memorial Fund: how much has GoFundMe page raised?