Arsenal star Hector Bellerin has vowed not to answer his phone if old club Barcelona come calling.
Bellerin, 21, signed for the Gunners back in 2011 from the Catalan club and has since become one of the Premier League’s most promising right-backs.
The Spain international was a Barça academy product before arriving at the Emirates, and has been consistently been linked with a move back to the Spanish Champions.
However, in an interview with DW Channel, when asked what he would do if he received a phone-call from Barcelona, Bellerin delighted Arsenal fans with his answer.
‘If Barcelona contact me right now? I won’t pick up the phone,’ the defender responded.
Wenger: "His long term future is here"
Responding to rumours over the youngster’s future in the summer, Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger said Bellerin would remain in London.
‘He has nearly three years to go, we always try to get the players to the financial level where we think they deserve to be,’ he said.
‘We will try to extend his contract, his long-term future is here. He has been absolutely fantastic. His first game was a nightmare. The season before he was at Watford where he didn’t play.
‘His progress has been brilliant because he has absolutely top mental strength. He is at a team that meets his needs and values. He came at a very young age. He is an Arsenal player.’
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?