Arsenal star Hector Bellerin has vowed not to answer his phone if old club Barcelona come calling.
Bellerin, 21, signed for the Gunners back in 2011 from the Catalan club and has since become one of the Premier League’s most promising right-backs.
The Spain international was a Barça academy product before arriving at the Emirates, and has been consistently been linked with a move back to the Spanish Champions.
However, in an interview with DW Channel, when asked what he would do if he received a phone-call from Barcelona, Bellerin delighted Arsenal fans with his answer.
‘If Barcelona contact me right now? I won’t pick up the phone,’ the defender responded.
Wenger: "His long term future is here"
Responding to rumours over the youngster’s future in the summer, Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger said Bellerin would remain in London.
‘He has nearly three years to go, we always try to get the players to the financial level where we think they deserve to be,’ he said.
‘We will try to extend his contract, his long-term future is here. He has been absolutely fantastic. His first game was a nightmare. The season before he was at Watford where he didn’t play.
‘His progress has been brilliant because he has absolutely top mental strength. He is at a team that meets his needs and values. He came at a very young age. He is an Arsenal player.’
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?