VALENCIA 2-3 BARCELONA
Iniesta's ligament injury could rule him out until 2017
The Barcelona midfielder was taken off on a stretcher and in obvious pain after a late tackle from Enzo Pérez on 13 minutes.
Andrés Iniesta faces a spell on the sidelines until after new year, according to Catalunya Radio, as he suffered damage to ligaments in his right knee in the 2-3 win over Valencia at Mestalla.
The Barcelona midfielder had to be taken off on a stretcher and was in obvious pain after a reckless tackle from Enzo Pérez on 13 minutes. Ivan Rakitic came on to replace him.
Knee ligament damage
The club released a medical report shortly after Iniesta had been examined in Valencia to confirm that the player has suffered a partial injury to the lateral external ligament and kneecap.
He will undergo further tests to determine the exact nature of the injury and the amount of time he faces out once he gets back to Barcelona
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend