Valencia director blames "disgraceful" referee after Barça loss
Valencia's sporting director Jesús García Pitarch was left indignant over what he felt was an "emabarassing" perfomance by referee Undiano Mallenco in the 3-2 home loss to Barça.
Valencia’s sporting director Jesús García Pitarch was scathing in his criticism of referee Undiano Mallenco following Barcelona’s 3-2 win at the Mestalla on Saturday.
Three controversial incidents
García Pitarch pointed to three controversial incidents which went the way of Valencia’s opponents and, the director feels, affected the result of the game.
“He'll will be embarrassed when he looks back at this game,” fumed García Pitarch after the match in which Lionel Messi scored a dramatic last-minute penalty to win the game for Barcelona.
"Udiano has to take a look at himself"
“There were three clear incidents within half an hour: Messi’s first goal with Suarez offside, the second yellow offence of Busquets and Rodrigo’s [unawarded] penalty. Undiano has to take a look at himself. Spanish football can’t have such a disgraceful referee.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020