Video shows that Neymar goaded Valencia fans before missile incident
New images acquired by AS clearly sees Neymar making provactative gestures to Valencia supporters prior to being hit by a plastic bottle launched from the crowd.
New images obtained by AS show that Neymar goaded Valencia fans before he was struck by a bottle from the crowd during the celebrations of Lionel Messi’s last-minute winner on Saturday.
The video (available above this article) taken by a Valencia supporter sees the Brazilian striker shouting something and thrusting his arms in a provocative manner following Messi’s penalty.
Although it is impossible to decipher from the footage exactly what Neymar said, it’s clear from what happened immediately after that those in the stands didn’t take too kindly to it.
As the rest of the jubilant Barça team joined Neymar and Messi to celebrate, forming a huddle in front of the home fans, a plastic bottle was launched from the crowd, apparently striking Neymar on the head.
Teammates Luis Suarez and Sergi Roberto also reacted as if they had been hurt by the missile, although ultimately none of the three players were evidently injured.
Valencia in hot water?
Following the dramatic 3-2 loss in which Valencia were incensed by the performance of referee Undiano Mallenco, to rub salt into the wound, Valencia could now face a hefty fine from LaLiga over the incident.
Te recomendamos en English
- FC BARCELONA Barcelona's Laporta says Super League will still go ahead
- FOOTBALL Barcelona: Laporta out to bring Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi together
- NBA Booker plays down first triple-double after Suns take Game 1
- NBA playoffs 2021 Simmons' 76ers future in doubt as Embiid points the finger
- GOLF | US OPEN How much money does Jon Rahm earn for US Open 2021 win?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?