It’s safe to say that Jose Mourniho didn’t enjoy the happiest of returns to Stamford Bridge on Sunday. His Manchester United side were thrashed 4-0 by old club Chelsea and immediately after the final whistle, the stern-faced manager uttered into the ear of his opposite number Antonio Conte for some time before stalking him down the tunnel.
Mou unhappy at Conte's sideline antics
According to Sky Italia, the Portuguese coach was unhappy with Conte’s antics on the touchline during the game, and that is what he told him so in Italian during their frosty post-game encounter.
The Italian broadcaster has reported that pitchside microphones picked up at least part of the exchange in which Mourinho said angrily: “You do that at 1-0, not at 4-0. At 4-0 it’s humiliating.”
Mourinho was referring to his counterpart’s gesturing to the crowd and geeing on their support following Kante’s goal in the 70th minute, which put the home side a comfortable four goals to the good.
"My words were for him, not for you"
In his post-game press conference, Mourinho had refused to reveal what he said to the Italian: "My words with Antonio Conte were for him, not for you."
Unfortunately for Mourinho, he didn’t seem to whisper quietly enough!
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time