Gary Lineker: "Paul Pogba cost 60 million more than Kanté"
The presenter gave his large following on social media some more things to talk about with his tweet comparing the Chelsea and United players' pricetags. Replies flooded in.
Gary Lineker, ex-England international and now TV presenter for both the BBC and BT Sport - as well as a rather crisp promoter - is making more and more headlines for his comments on social media. Earlier in the week he was getting involved in some rather ugly exchanges regarding refugees (I should point out that the ugliness was in some of the replies that he received) and today he posted a short and simple tweet comparing the transfer fees of Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Chelsea's N'Golo Kanté both of whom had faced up against each other in the Blues' 4-0 win.
Pogba cost £60million more than Kanté.— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) 23 de octubre de 2016
"Pogba cost £60million more than Kanté." read the tweet. His post immediately prior to that was one of love for the ex-Leicester midfielder who he admitted missing at his club who, after winning the Premier League last year have had a bit of a sticky start to the season.
The term "schadenfreude" couldn't be more appropriate for another celebrity tweet on the back of the defeat that left United manager José Mourinho less than pleased. Recently retired German international Lucas Podolski posted an even more basic message in reference to his compatriot and friend Bastian Schweinsteiger who, in his opinion, has been very poorly treated by the new man in charge at Old Trafford.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"