Judge orders seizure of €9m from Real Madrid legend Raúl
According to El Mundo, the seizure comes as a result of a bad investment from a holding company formally owned by Raúl which failed to pay out to its shareholders.
A Spanish court has ordered the seizure of €9.32 million from former Real Madrid striker Raúl Gonzalez, according to El Mundo.
Madrid district court judge Carmen Perez ruled that the amount is owed from a failed investment in a photovoltaic power project. The judge issued the seizure order to a holding company owned by Raúl, Scar Sport, for non-payment of €7.17 m to its shareholders.
Raúl's lawyers appeal
The figure though has risen to more than nine million because it includes interest and costs. According to El Mundo, the ex-Los Blancos star’s lawyers have appealed against this decision.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final