Lucas Silva returned to Real Madrid training on Monday morning after a spell of nearly 15 months since his last full session with the squad.
After arriving at the club in January 2015 from Brazilian side Cruzeiro for a fee of around €14m, things have not exactly gone according to plan for the 23-year-old.
Silva failed to earn a place in the Real team under Carlo Ancelotti, despite some encouraging early performances, and then spent a disastrous season on loan at Olympique Marseille, which ultimately cost him his place in the Brazil squad for the Rio Olympics.
Then, as the midfielder prepared to seal a loan move to Sporting Lisbon in July, the move fell through when Silva failed a medical owing to heart complications.
Since then Real Madrid’s medical staff have prohibited him from training until the extent of the cardiac arrhythmia – the problem identified during his Sporting medical – could be determined.
Exit targeted in January
Despite being given the all clear to return to training after doctors found there to be no further risks to the player’s health, Silva will not be able to play for Real Madrid this season as the club hasn’t registered him in any competition.
The idea now is that Madrid help Silva get back to fitness and attempt to help him secure a transfer to a new club in the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?