Tino Asprilla: “I see James playing at Roma”
The iconic Colombian striker says it would be normal for his compatriot to seek a move if he continues to sit on the bench at the Santiago Bernabéu.
James Rodríguez was on the bench once again this Sunday for Real Madrid’s narrow win over Athletic Bilbao and remained unused by Zidane throughout the match despite spending a fair share of the second half warming up.
Asprilla backs James Rodríguez
While the Colombian captain was going through his warm-up routine, former Colombia and Newcastle United striker Faustino Asprilla sent out a message of support to his out-of-favour compatriot.
“How about James comes on and scores the winning goal?” he tweeted, well aware of the amount of time he’s been spending on the substitutes bench this season.
Asprilla is big fan of James and recently spoke with Tuttosport about his future in the Spanish capital and a potential move to Serie A.
I'd leave in search of football if I were James, says Asprilla
“I don’t know the exact details of the situation [James reportedly turned down an €85 million move to Inter Milan this summer] but if he’s not playing much and there’s a manager in Italy who really wants him and has confidence in him, I’d move,” he said. “Where would be a good fit? I see him at Roma…”
Asprilla also hit out at Zidane for overlooking James this season. “If he hasn’t been able to show what he’s capable of it’s because the manager doesn’t count on him,” he said. “He’s not playing much.” Back in September, when James scored for Colombia against Venezuela, Asprilla used twitter to send a message to the Real Madrid coach: “That goes out to you, Zidane.”
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match