Gayà out for three weeks
Tests revealed a microtear to the full-back's right hamstring. He will miss the league games against Deportivo and Celta.
Valencia will be without defender José Luis Gayà for their next two league games after tests conducted on the player's right hamstring this morning revealed a small tear - an injury he picked up in the second half of Saturday's meeting with Barcelona.
The club has yet to issue a medical update but early indications suggest he will be sidelined for approximately three weeks. He will miss Valencia's two forthcoming trips to Galicia when they face Deportivo then Celta.
Gayà will also struggle to return in time to play for Spain's Under-21s who take on Austria in a two-legged Play-Offs for Euro 2017 Poland on 11 and 15 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds