Pedro spoke with Barcelona chief about return
Chelsea forward Pedro Rodríguez says he held talks with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu last summer about a return to the Camp Nou amid reports in the British media that he was keen to leave Stamford Bridge.
“I talked with Bartomeu, but it was given more importance than the conversation merited,” he told Catalan radio station RAC1. “It’s difficult to return somewhere but I have special memories of my time at the club.”
My impression of Mourinho changed, says Pedro
Pedro, who scored the opener in Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Manchester United, now managed by former coach Jose Mourinho, says that his opinion of the now ex-Chelsea manager changed dramatically when he joined the club and got to know him.
“My impression of him changed when he became my manager,” he said. “He was always honest and treated me well.”
A new lease of life under Antonio Conte?
While he endured a difficult opening season in England, the arrival of Antonio Conte has seemingly breathed new life into Pedro’s Chelsea career. The Spaniard has played 260 minutes of Premier League football this season, providing three assists.
“I’m happy with my playing time at the moment,” he said. “It’s always good to play and to help the team with goals. I feel good physically too.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid