In the day before his Manchester United side take on local rivals City in the EFL Cup, United coach Jose Mourinho spoke to Sky Sports in an honest and frank interview which showed another side to the coach from Setubal.
"For the hotel and my clothes sponsors it's great for them having paparazzi following me around all day. Everyone knows the name of the hotel and the latest fashion but for me it's a disaster as I want to pop out for a stroll and I can't. I wan't to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant and I can't so I end up take-away food via the apps on my phone", confessed Mourinho.
"I can't go out for food due to the paparazzi so order via apps on my phone".
No mansion for Mou
The United coach is still living in a hotel despite rumors claiming that he was interested in buying a mansion. "Buy a house? Maybe I'd be interested in getting a decent apartment, but certainly not one of those massive homes the press are citing. If I find a decent apartment with a garage then I could be interested but I have no idea how to cook, admitted the 53 year old.
The lack of his family nearby is another draw-back for the Portuguese coach in his adaptation process in the north west. "My daughter will be 20 next week and in a few months my son will turn 17. They're very well settled and are at university in London, have their friends in London, football ...They're now at an age where they don't need to follow me around as before. For the first time the family have a different way of life".
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us