Vicente del Bosque isn’t usually type of man to get involved in controversies, but on Tuesday night the former Spain coach gave his opinion on the touchline incident between José Mourinho and Antionio Conte following Chelsea’s 4-0 demolition of Manchester United on Sunday.
"Mourinho had a point"
In an interview with El Larguero, Del Bosque said he was on the side of the Portuguese coach, who approached Conte after the final whistle and complained about the Italian’s “humiliating” actions.
“Mourinho’s message to Conte didn’t seem bad to me,” said the 67-year old, who was replaced by Julen Lopetgui as the Spain nation team manager in the summer.
"You've got be a little more restrained"
“Sometimes you’ve got to be a little more restrained when celebrating wins, truly. It hurt me too when we played Italy,” recalled Del Bosque of Spain’s elimination at the hands of the Azzurri in the Euro 2016 second round.
“I’m not saying don’t express joy,” he continued. “You don’t have to be as boring as me, but express your joy in moderation. I’m not defending Mourinho, but he had a point.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem