Official: Lucas Vázquez renews contract until 2021
As AS revelaed last friday, the Real Madrid forward has agreed a one year contract extension, something which was made official by the club on Wednesday.
As AS revealed last Friday, Real Madrid and Lucas Vázquez have agreed to renew the player’s contract until 30 June 2021, a fact that was made official on Wednesday as the club announced that both parties signed on the dotted line.
The 25-year old forward has become one of the club’s most reliable players under Zinedine Zidane, something that Real Madrid have now rewarded him for.
“He’s a model player and a great professional,” said the French coach after his side’s 2-1 win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
So far this season, Vazquez has played in 11 official matches (eight in LaLiga, two in the Champions League, as well as the UEFA SuperCup final), scoring one goal.
After a successful season-long loan to Espanyol in 2015, Real Madrid awarded Vazquez a five-year contact, with this latest deal having bumped it up a further year.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Neymar surprises Richarlison with Everton award
- REAL MADRID The price Real Madrid must pay to sign Kylian Mbappé
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Harry Wilson close to £20million Anfield exit
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor shooting case verdict and decision, reactions and live updates
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what proposals have been put forward?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool new boys could be handed debut in tomorrow’s EFL Cup