The Mourinho purge continues… could Mkhitaryan be next?
The out-of-favour Armenian could be on his way out in January after failing to establish himself at Old Trafford, say reports in the UK.
Is Mkhitaryan set for the Old Trafford exit?
First Schweinsteiger, then Rooney and now summer signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan. The Armenian has stuggled to establish himself since joining Manchester United for €42 million in July and, according to reports in the UK, Jose Mourinho is considering offloading him in the January transfer window.
Billed as a real statement of United’s intent to bolster the forward line over the summer, Mkhitaryan has been virtually anonymous under Mourinho this season. He has started just one game – the derby against Manchester City – and even then he was substituted at half-time. He made substitute appearances in the first three games of the season but has not played a minute of football since the derby.
The Armenian could play against Manchester City in the EFL Cup
Reports say that Mkhitaryan could be in line to play on Wednesday night in the EFL Cup tie with Manchester City but the fact that the Armenian is only considered for second-rate cup games is a damning indication of his current status at Old Trafford. A surprising January exit could be on the cards.
- Diego Costa7Goals
*Update 26 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news