The Mourinho purge continues… could Mkhitaryan be next?
The out-of-favour Armenian could be on his way out in January after failing to establish himself at Old Trafford, say reports in the UK.
Is Mkhitaryan set for the Old Trafford exit?
First Schweinsteiger, then Rooney and now summer signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan. The Armenian has stuggled to establish himself since joining Manchester United for €42 million in July and, according to reports in the UK, Jose Mourinho is considering offloading him in the January transfer window.
Billed as a real statement of United’s intent to bolster the forward line over the summer, Mkhitaryan has been virtually anonymous under Mourinho this season. He has started just one game – the derby against Manchester City – and even then he was substituted at half-time. He made substitute appearances in the first three games of the season but has not played a minute of football since the derby.
The Armenian could play against Manchester City in the EFL Cup
Reports say that Mkhitaryan could be in line to play on Wednesday night in the EFL Cup tie with Manchester City but the fact that the Armenian is only considered for second-rate cup games is a damning indication of his current status at Old Trafford. A surprising January exit could be on the cards.
- Diego Costa7Goals
*Update 26 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid