The Valencia-Barcelona controversy rumbles on
More fuel to the fire. First Valencia’s Director of Football Jesús García Pitarch hit out at the ‘disgraceful’ officiating in his side’s 3-2 defeat to Barcelona on Saturday. Then came a retort from Barcelona VP Jordi Mestre, who pointed out that he’d never seen such a hostile atmosphere in a football stadium. LaLiga president Javier Tebas waded in too and now Neymar’s father, Neymar Sr, has had his say.
Tebas should have been there, says Neymar Sr
According to Sport, Neymar’s father has hit out at Tebas, who criticized Neymar and his Barcelona teammates for their reaction after being hit by a bottle thrown from the crowd while celebrating Leo Messi’s injury-time winner and said he’d be “ashamed to pretend” like that.
“Javier Tebas should have been at Mestalla himself to have any kind of opinion before he criticises Barcelona players,” he is reported to have told national radio station COPE.
Valencia fined €1,500 and threatened with further action
The fallout from Saturday’s game has been controversial and highly charged. Valencia were today fined €1,500 and hit with the threat of playing games behind closed doors if similar incidents occur in the future, while the league’s disciplinary committee also determined that Barcelona’s players overreacted to the incident. Club and league officials have spoken out. It’s probably safe to say that we haven’t heard the last of it all.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?