Slowest players in Premier League: three Spaniards on list
Cesc Fàbregas leads the way for Spain in The Telegraph's ranking of the 20 footballers in the English top flight with the lowest maximum speeds.
Cesc Fàbregas leads a contingent of three Spanish players to have been named on a list of the slowest footballers in this season's Premier League.
Fàbre-no-gas: Cesc on pace-free podium
With a top speed measured at 28.73km/hour, the Chelsea midfielder is third in a 20-man ranking of the most sluggish individuals in England's elite division, which was published by UK newspaper The Telegraph on Wednesday.
Only Stoke City pair Peter Crouch and Charlie Adam clocked a lower peak pace than the 29-year-old, who is joined among the league's stand-out slow coaches by countrymen Santi Cazorla and Luis Hernández.
Cazorla just outside top 10, Hernández 15th
Arsenal playmaker Cazorla came 13th with 29.9km/hour, while defender Hernández - a summer signing by champions Leicester City - is 15th on 29.92km/hour.
Slowest players in the Premier League - top 5:
1. Charlie Adam, Stoke City (26.72km/hour)
2. Peter Crouch, Stoke City (28.58km/hour)
3. Cesc Fàbregas, Chelsea (28.73km/hour)
4. Shaun Maloney, Hull (28.87km/hour)
5. Olivier Giroud, Arsenal (29.19km/hour)
Spaniards also in top 20:
13. Santi Cazorla, Arsenal (29.9km/hour)
15. Luis Hernández, Leicester City (29.92km/hour)
The full list is here.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?