Real Madrid could play summer 2017 tournament in Colombia
It would take place in July 2017, with the Metropolitano de Barranquilla stadium as base, and competing against Milan, CSL's Guangzhou and local side Junior de Barranquilla.
Pre-season in South America
Several Colombian media outlets have started to communicate that there is a strong possibility that Real Madrid could play in a South American tournament next summer.
The most likely timing of the friendly competition would be during the month of July 2017 with the four-way challenge being made up of local side Junior de Barranquilla, AC Milan and Guangzhou Evergrande from the Chinese Super League, the latter of whom have just secured their sixth consecutive league title.
Details still to be ironed out
Although nothing is official yet, according to El Heraldo the idea is to host the event in Barranquilla and various representatives of the local government and the Madrid club's promotional arm have been in meetings to discuss the options.
As more information on this becomes available we will keep you updated.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates