Real Madrid could play summer 2017 tournament in Colombia
It would take place in July 2017, with the Metropolitano de Barranquilla stadium as base, and competing against Milan, CSL's Guangzhou and local side Junior de Barranquilla.
Pre-season in South America
Several Colombian media outlets have started to communicate that there is a strong possibility that Real Madrid could play in a South American tournament next summer.
The most likely timing of the friendly competition would be during the month of July 2017 with the four-way challenge being made up of local side Junior de Barranquilla, AC Milan and Guangzhou Evergrande from the Chinese Super League, the latter of whom have just secured their sixth consecutive league title.
Details still to be ironed out
Although nothing is official yet, according to El Heraldo the idea is to host the event in Barranquilla and various representatives of the local government and the Madrid club's promotional arm have been in meetings to discuss the options.
As more information on this becomes available we will keep you updated.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"