Real Madrid could play summer 2017 tournament in Colombia
It would take place in July 2017, with the Metropolitano de Barranquilla stadium as base, and competing against Milan, CSL's Guangzhou and local side Junior de Barranquilla.
Pre-season in South America
Several Colombian media outlets have started to communicate that there is a strong possibility that Real Madrid could play in a South American tournament next summer.
The most likely timing of the friendly competition would be during the month of July 2017 with the four-way challenge being made up of local side Junior de Barranquilla, AC Milan and Guangzhou Evergrande from the Chinese Super League, the latter of whom have just secured their sixth consecutive league title.
Details still to be ironed out
Although nothing is official yet, according to El Heraldo the idea is to host the event in Barranquilla and various representatives of the local government and the Madrid club's promotional arm have been in meetings to discuss the options.
As more information on this becomes available we will keep you updated.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...