Real Madrid could play summer 2017 tournament in Colombia
It would take place in July 2017, with the Metropolitano de Barranquilla stadium as base, and competing against Milan, CSL's Guangzhou and local side Junior de Barranquilla.
Pre-season in South America
Several Colombian media outlets have started to communicate that there is a strong possibility that Real Madrid could play in a South American tournament next summer.
The most likely timing of the friendly competition would be during the month of July 2017 with the four-way challenge being made up of local side Junior de Barranquilla, AC Milan and Guangzhou Evergrande from the Chinese Super League, the latter of whom have just secured their sixth consecutive league title.
Details still to be ironed out
Although nothing is official yet, according to El Heraldo the idea is to host the event in Barranquilla and various representatives of the local government and the Madrid club's promotional arm have been in meetings to discuss the options.
As more information on this becomes available we will keep you updated.
Te recomendamos en English
- India news Indian schools and colleges remain closed but children are expected to study at home
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Haaland says Dortmund boy wonder Moukoko is 'a lot better than I was'
- World Cup 2022 Work continuing non-stop at Lusail Stadium, host of the World Cup final 2022
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern hopeful on new Alaba deal; want fair price for Thiago
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid change plan and want Dani Ceballos to return