CULTURAL LEONESA 1-7 REAL MADRID
Asensio: Real Madrid man continues streak of debut goals
The youngster hit two in his first Real appearance in the Copa del Rey, having already scored on his bows in every other competition.
Real Madrid's 7-1 Copa del Rey victory over Cultural Leonesa on Wednesday night saw Marco Asensio continue his record of having scored on his first appearance for Los Blancos in every competition.
On target in Super Cup, LaLiga and Champions League debuts
The 20-year-old starlet went into the fourth-round first-leg tie at the Estadio Reino de León having already netted on his Real debuts in the UEFA Super Cup, LaLiga and the Champions League.
A stunning Super Cup strike against Sevilla in August - in what was his competitive bow for Madrid - was followed by a classy goal in his side's win over Real Sociedad on the opening day of the Spanish top-flight season.
Last week, the Real Mallorca youth product then marked his maiden outing in Europe's premier club tournament by hitting the third in the holders' 5-1 group-stage defeat of Legia Warsaw.
Two goals in León to continue debut run
And against Cultural he grabbed a double to add the Copa to his list, putting Real 2-0 up with a low 32nd-minute effort before firing in the fourth soon after the break.
Next in Asensio's sights will be the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, which Zinedine Zidane's men begin at the semi-final stage on 15 December.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?