Asensio has already matched his season-best scoring figures
In just 10 games with Real Madrid, he has equalled his previous best scoring figures in one season, set during the 2014/15 campaign while he was with Mallorca.
Asensio's career goals
The season just keeps on getting better and better for Marco Asensio. Goals are coming thick and fast for the Mallorquín, who has never been particularly known for having a killer instinct in front of goal. Nevertheless in just 10 games he has already matched his best goal-scoring figures in one season, equalling the six he scored for Mallorca in 30 outings during the 2014-15 season. And he even has the honour of being the player with the best goal scoring ratio at Real Madrid - averaging one goal every 105 minutes, just ahead of Morata on 106'.
Last night's Copa del Rey brace against Cultural Leonesa was his second of the season - he found the net twice for Spain's Under-21s against Estonia earlier this month to put La Rojita into the Play-Offs. Last season, during his loan stint with Espanyol he bagged his first brace of his professional career against Eibar on the final day of the campaign.
With Álavro Morata, Asensio is Real Madrid's top scorer on six goals; and taking a closer look at the team's ratios gives us an indication of his effectiveness: Benzema is averaging a goal every 174 minutes; Cristiano, every 192 minutes and Bale every 224 minutes.
He has also achieved another, not inconsiderable feat - he has scored in every competition he has debuted in - UEFA Super Cup, LaLiga, Champions League and now, Copa del Rey. And he could make it a clean sweep if he plays and scores in his first outing in December's Club World Cup - Pedro did something similar with Barça in 2009, scoring in six competitions in one season, but not on his debut.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?