Four Four Two: Rubén Castro a perfect fit for... Sunderland
The British magazine ran a story on "10 diamonds at teams in trouble and where they could fit in the Premier League," featuring the Betis striker.
British magazine Four Four Two ran a story entitled “10 diamonds at teams in trouble (and where they might fit in the Premier League,” and suggested Betis’ record goal scorer Rubén Castro might be a perfect fit for rock-bottom Sunderland.
The prolific striker, who has scored four in nine games for Betis this season, was left on the bench by Gus Poyet for the victory over Osasuna at the weekend.
"A fine Rioja"
“Ruben Castro is like a fine Rioja who improves with age,” Four Four Two wrote. “The striker spent most of his career as a traveler, until he found a home when he arrived at Betis in 2010. At the age of 35 he has not lost his pace, he can play as a lone forward and he holds the ball up well for his team, linking with his teammates and bringing them into play. He knows where the goal is, scoring 19 in La Liga last season and no other side is so dependent on one player to score.”
Sunderland could use Castro's "predatory instinct"
The article goes on to suggest that Castro would be a perfect fit for Sunderland. “Castro has just signed a new contract and due to his age it is possible that he won’t be tempted by the Premier League. But there are a few teams that could use his predatory instinct. The Black Cats are scrapping at the foot of the table for many reasons, among them their inability to find the back of the net. They already have one veteran forward in Jermain Defoe and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add another.”
- Diego Costa7Goals
*Update 27 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list